Un site, une association

Un espace d'échanges pour ne plus être seul avec sa scoliose

Par Biba
Bonsoir Anneke de Holland :cotent
Bienvenue sur notre site, je suis désolée je ne parle pas bien l'anglais .. Merci d'être venue sur le site, j'espère que tu arrives à traduire certaines discutions.

Your http://www.gelenkklinik.de/grafik/conte ... meines.jpg it's OK now ?

Bib'bisous :bisous
Par CORINNE
Bonjour Anneke

Tu parles français ?

You speak english ?

:bisous1
Par Anneke
My french is very bad, but i can speak german and english also.

My scoliosis is at the moment very good. I do not have complains about my back and i can do everything i want.
Par Corilora
Hello Anneke,

Welcome to this website :bravo2

I am very glad that we can discuss and exchange with people from other ountries.... and especially from Netherlands (I always support the Dutch football team in the international competitions ; dont ask me why, it would be to long to explain, and very difficult for me in English).

How old are you ? How long are your Harrington rodes ? Could you tell us a little bit more about your association ?

Thank you very much,
:bisous
Cori
Par Anneke
Thank you all for your reactions. I try to tell some more about my scoliosis and i hope you understand it.

My scoliosis was found when i was twelve years old. At school we have gymnastics and after that i was changing my clothes. A friend of mine says that i have a ''hump' on my back.

When i came home, i said it to my parents. They took a look at my back and conclude the same as my friend; there was a 'hump' on my back. Next day we gone to see the doctor and he sended me to the hospital. There was another doctor and he told me i had scoliosis.

At that moment i had a scoliosis of 40 degrees. My doctor told me that i must have an bostonbrace. When i wore that brace for two months, i go to see the doctor again. He says that my scoliosis has been grown till 45 degrees, so i got another new bostonbrace. For i guess two years i had five of six new bostonbraces, but everytime my degrees are getting up.

When i had a scoliosis of 55 degrees (then i was 14 years old), my doctor asked me to do an operation. I didn't like the brace a lot, so the choice was easy; do the operation!

During the operation the doctor put ten vertebra fixed (sorry but i don't no how to explain), what means that my back is very stiff. But i didn't have a lot to complain about, cause i do everything i want to do. Mountainbiking, skiing, cycling, running, squash.... all i can do without any complaints.

If anyone has questions, please put them here!

Lots of love,
Anneke
Par Corilora
Hello Anneke,

Thank you for the explanations.

I also had that kind of surgery when I was 15 (with a Harrington system, dont know if you had the same technics)
I have some questions :
How are you now ? Do you still suffer from your back ? If yes, what kind of solution do you have?

Thank you very much,
Kind regards
Corinne
Par Anneke
Hello Corinne,

My operation was also with that Harrington system. I've got two metal staffs and a lot of screws along my spine.

At the moment I'm very satisfied with the situation. I don't suffer from my back, i can do everything i want. When i do to much, than my back will hurt a little bit. But when I'll take my rest, than the pain will be soon over.

Most of the time, when i have pain, that's because of muscle pain, and not a consequence of my scoliosis.

And how is your scoliosis?
Par Maman
Hi, Anneke! It's good to hear people say you can have a perfectly normal life after scoliosis surgery . Luckily, I haven't had surgery, my scoliosis is only 31°.
By the way, how old are you?
Par Anneke
I'm 23 years old :biz
Par Rosy
hello anneke and thank you for your visit of our website. happy to read your scolios isn't paintuf. :bisous
Par Gitty
Hello Anneke, welcome to our website ! I am from Luxembourg. I think you know where my country is.There are some french people who think it is a part of Belgium :cotent . Besides Netherland and Luxembourg are members of the Benelux ! Im am speaking german and french very well, my english is school english, I am out of practice for more than 20 years.
I looked at your website in dutch and I understand some words because they are similar to german words.I have a scoliosis operated with Harrington rod in 1977 in France . When I was young ( between 10 and 16 years) I had many braces.My back does'nt hurt now ,only if i do too much. I have other problems with my hips who are more important. I am searching other scoliosis people in Luxembourg, I know several names but I didn't already contact them... perhaps in the future.We had a meeting with members of our website in Paris last year, it was great !
:bisou1
Par b52
Welkom op ons geweldige scolio-groeps térapie. Ik woon hier al zo lang dat ik zo'n beetje mijn NL vergeet! Ik ben blij dat je val alles kunt doen met je scoliosis. Hey weet je dat er ook forums in NL zijn? Ik denk dat je lit kunt worden en dat het niet duur is. Ik weet niet of chatten mogelijk is. Het is aleen voor mensen die in NL woonen. Woon je in Frankrijk of in NL?
Groetjes!
Par fred1
Nice to meet you! Sorry but i can't speak in Nederland with you because i live in France since 1983 and i forget my second langage! I am born in Wallonie, in Belgium and i moved in France after my mariage! I don't speak English very well and i forget it! I have like you a scoliosis operated for the first time in 1978, i have got lot off brace like you! I'm 43 years old and reoperated last year for the second and third time!
Par Anneke
Hallo B52,

Bedankt voor je bericht. Ik heb weinig last van mijn scoliose en ik hoop dat dat zo blijft. Als je naar mijn website gaat, www.scoliose.info, dan tref je daar ook een nederlandstalig forum aan. Je kunt je hier gratis aanmelden en tevens gratis meedoen.

Ik woon zelf in Nederland :bisous

Sorry for the other people; next time i will write in english.

Anneke

N'hésitez plus et faites un don à l'association !